Thursday, June 4, 2009

Caught in the act!

As if my life wasn't hetic enough.. it just got worse! :) So while we were on vacation the girls slept in the same bed and we just put Kannon in bed with us.. bad idea.. he no longer wants to sleep in his crib and this is what I caught him doing the other night.. yep he has figured out how to climb out! Of course both the girls did this, Kenzee still has sleeping issues, Kolbee adjusted to a big girl bed right away! So last night instead of fighting with him I just put him in Kolbee bed (the girls have been sleeping together in Kenzee bed, good for me cause I don't have to!) Well of course he wouldn't stay put and constantly got out of bed... oh so the fun begins on training him to stay in his bed at night all night long, by himself! Wish me luck..today I am going to take his crib apart and make it a toddler bed, I know he'll get out all night but at least I won't have to worry about him getting hurt while trying to climb out at night.. the wierd thing is at nap time he still just lays down in his crib and falls right to sleep! I know that they can't sleep in cribs the rest of thier lives.. dang it, but I really wasn't ready for the fight of getting him to sleep in his own bed, so if anyone has any suggestions on how they made the transition from crib to bed easier on themselves and the kids I am open to any ideas...:)




PS on a side note, our Vacation was a blast I am going to try and put up an album with pictures pretty soon!

3 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

That is so cute. He is so big!! I think he is adorable. I love the new header pic. Too cute. It looks like you guys had a really great time. I can't wait until our vacation.

Krystal said...

Oh man I need to get Isaiah into a big bed. I tried the other night and he stayed for an hour before finall getting out and by then I was way too tired to do the whole keep-putting-him-back routine so back to the crib he went. plus isaiah is very tempermental. when you get Kannon figured into a big boy bed you can come train Isaiah! :D haha good luck!

Summers Family said...

Good luck getting him to stay in his bed! At least Rachel only comes in our bed around 6 in the morning!