Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pima Turket trot run!

So lately I have been on a exercise/ eat better and NO soda kick !! In hopes of losing some much needed weight :) I've kinda throw around the idea of running a marathon.. it seems to work for all the stars right?? But of course I would have to get in much better running/walking shape.. So the other day I went to my sis in laws Tye house and she was passing out flyers for the Pima Turket trot run that happens every year on Thanksgiving morning.. it's a 1 mile fun run/walk or a 5 mile run that starts at 7am! (I haven't quit figured out which one I want to do :) What a better way to get started though right? So Tye and I are trying to get a team together, it's a $10 entry fee, .. you can get more information at pimaturkeytrot.blogspot.com. If your interesting in joining our team let me know, I think it will be super fun!

5 comments:

lofgreenlegacy said...

That is so funny. I have wanted to train for a marathon too. It seems like such a good motivater to exercise. I would love to do the turkey trot but it's such a busy morning. I wish it was on a different morning. Let me know if you find a trainer for that marathon, and I'll totally do that with you.

Taryn said...

Ya I think I'm going to have to pass on it too, I don't see myself being up and ready to run at 7 in the morning! I will start being healthy with you though. Next semester I'm going to take a kickboxing class at the college 2 times a week. You should join!

Ashley said...

You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope you win! I've thought about entering some here with my friends, but there is no way I could keep up. Running isn't my thing-but I know for sure they look good!

Luke & Erica said...

Personally I don't think that you really need to lose any weight, but I totally know what you mean about being healthier. I have told Luke on more than one occasion that I want to become a runner. Honestly, not sure that will ever happen, but I can dream right, LOL. Goodluck with your run/walk!