Friday, October 24, 2008

Bedtime!!

So lately I have come to the conclusion that we have the wierdest sleeping arrangements... it started back when Kenzee was born, Mike was working nights so me being the first time mom living in Phoenix put the cute little baby in bed with us! She's now 5 1/2 and STILL sleeps with me! No matter how hard I try, or what idea I might have to get her to sleep in her own bed she just won't..When we moved into our house she wanted a Princess room which we gave her and she still won't sleep there alone! So Mike started to complain (the bigger she gets, there is less room for him!) I wondered if she would sleep with Kolbee, which that worked out a few nights then here she comes back in our bed.. so now I sleep with her in her room in her bed!! Which then leaves Mike sleeping by himself in our bed.. Then came Kolbee, she slept thur the night the day we brought her home from the hospital and has ever since... until a few weeks ago she started to get up in the early morning and ends up getting in bed with Mike! How funny he just can't get away with sleeping by himself! And let me tell you that boy can snore so why Kolbee wants to sleep with him, beats me! Kannon has been mutual.. when he was a baby he slept with me (Kolbee was still in the crib!) You would have thought I learned my lesson with Kenzee sleeping with me! (at least that's what Mike would tell me!) But when we moved into our house and everyone had thier own rooms, he actually did good transitioning into his crib! He does tend to take naps in some odd places (see pic below!).. Anyways I am hoping in time that Mike and I can get back to sleeping with each other without little feet kicking us in the back!







4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm not good at the sleeping patterns either. I admit, it's my fault, but it happens. Just go with it and remember it won't last forever. Ki sleeps in her own bed, Ryan sleeps with her, and Bryson goes where he wants

summers clan said...

YEAH I ALWAYS THOUGH YOU HAD WEIRD SLEEPING DISORDERS BUT IT HOPEFULLY WON'T LAST FOREVER. I KNOW ABOUT THE HUSBAND SNORING THING. I GET MY BEST SLEEP WHEN AL HAS LEFT FOR WORK. BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT MY SLEEPING ISN'T NORMAL EITHER. I GO TO BED AROUND 11:00 READ UNTIL 1-ISH,THEN FINALLY GET TO SLEEP. GET UP @ 6:30 FOR SCRIPTURE READING WITH THE KIDS(YES I ACTUALLY DO READ SCRIPTURES) THEN I MAKE THEM BREAKFAST AND GET THEM OFF TO SCHOOL. THEN @ 8 I HEAD BACK TO BED AND READ FOR A WHILE. THE READING PART MAKES ME DROWSY. THEN I GET TO SLEEP AROUND 9-ISH AND SLEEP TILL 11-ISH. TALK ABOUT WIERD.

Taryn said...

The pics of Kannon cracked me up, he's so stinkin cute! Pretty much we dont know what to do about Bentley these days either, she wakes up in the middle of the night and gets in the weirdest freakiest positions in her crib so she ends up in our bed by at least 4 every morning so that I can get a few hours of interupted sleep a night!

Summers Family said...

I guess I should be greatful that Andy would never let Rachel sleep with us when she was little. Now she likes to come lay by her daddy for a little while in the morning, but she is quickly getting over that. Even when Rachel is sick, she just doesn't like to sleep with us, she moves all over the place and kicks Andy in the back. I hope this one will be as good as Rachel!