Friday, March 27, 2009

A box of nerds and Scooby-Doo!

So I figured out yesterday that a little box of nerds and Scooby-doo will occupy Kolbee for at least 30 mins! I usually don't let her watch Scooby-doo even though it's one of my favorite cartoons, but every time my girls watch it they have nightmares (I guess it could be scary for small minds :) But I was desperate yesterday and needed a break.. she ate the nerds one by one (there were a lot of nerds in that little box!) The reason I wanted her occupied was yes ladies I'm about to say this, but I had yet watched Twilight!! I had borrowed it from my sis in law a few days back and wanted so much to watch it while the babies were down for their naps! I guess I'm not as big as fan as I thought I was..but the thing was, I think I was afraid that the movie was going to ruin it for me, to be honest I really don't think Robert Patterson is the best Edward.. and after the movie got all done I really don't like how Kristen Stewart (Bella) is with the fans, press, etc; she seems to be a snot in real life! Anyways I watched it and wasn't disappointed at all, Kristen did a good Bella and Robert grew on me (still wished it was someone cuter!) I actually ended up watching it twice yesterday, I had told Mike I watched it and he said he had wanted to watch it to.. so we watched it again last night.. I warned him that it was low budget and there could be a few scenes that he might think were "cheesy" so for him not to give me a hard time about liking it! When it was all done I asked him what he thought and surprisingly he said he liked it.. (he likes vampire movies) so I had him agree that he would start reading the books, cause they have so much more detail then the movie! I'm sure he'll love them, and I am just disappointed it took me this long to see the movie!!

3 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

So glad that you finally watched it and liked it. I can't wait until New Moon comes out. We should plan to go together, a night out with the kids. All the kids, husbands included (don't get me started).

Krystal said...

yes please let us know when mike gets to reading the books so i can let nick know :D and yeah, the movie edward.... kinda flat face or wide face or something that just is off. good thing our imaginations are better than those of the movie producers. the ONE part of the movie i laughed at while cringing was when carlisle turned edward into a vampire.. :S

lofgreenlegacy said...

Hey Mike will love the books...if Dave liked them Mike should like them. Kolbee is so flippin cute!