Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things that's been happening..

So the summer has been full of fun, I seem to be busier now then I was during the school year, busing the kids to swim lessons, dance lesson, gym lessons, coach pitch games, etc...but it has been good to keep the girls busy! Life also tends to be sad sometimes to..my grandma Douglas passed away Thursday (July 2nd) I am very thankful to be blessed to know that she is no longer in pain and is enjoying her life with her two little boys that she lost at such young ages to such terrible accidents, she is enjoying the love of my sweet Grandpa not to mention a lot of other family members that are celebrating with her in heaven..she was an awesome grandma and I will miss her dearly and I am happy to know she is happy again! Also my nephew Braun checked himself into the MTC(missionary training center, for Mormon missionaries) just today...I said my goodbyes to him on Monday and boy do I already miss him! I for one am so grateful for the Mormon missionaries (my husband is a convert!) I know Braun is going to make a awesome missionary and will change the lives of many out in Florida! Lastly a little story: yesterday Kolbee comes running in the house after playing out in the yard for a little bit and says "mom there's a snake out in the yard" so I go outside to look and sure enough curled up on the side of my house was what I thought was 99% a rattlesnake..I grab Kolbee and my dog and run into my house to call Mike.. he was to far out of town for work to come home and kill it so he called his little brother Casey who came over and killed it..sure enough it was a rattlesnake...now I feel like I've lost a little freedom, I usually let the kids go outside to play without a bit of worry..now I make sure I go to check the yard out before they can play (if I know Kannon he would try to play/touch one of those things) but even after checking I am still worried the whole time they are out there playing..dang snakes..! I am grateful that Kolbee noticed and came and told me before someone or my puppy got hurt ( who I might add never even barked at the thing!) anyways I hope I don't turn out like my friend Jennifer who has found a crazy number of rattlesnakes in her yard...3 in one day is to many for me!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Thats so Freaky! I'll take scorpions over rattle snakes anyday!

hancock crew said...

I feel your pain. It's sad but I find my self telling the kids that they just can't play outside most of the time until Chris gets home and does a walk around. Stupid things that are confining us to the indoors!!! Hope you don't find anymore, we just put some type of granuels out that are supposed to keep them away. I'll let you know if they work!!

Summers Family said...

Ouch... I'm glad she ran in to tell you there was a snake instead of just playing anyway. I don't think Rachel would do that. Dora just shouts something to them and they move... I could see Rachel trying that. I hope your summer stays fun and busy!