Monday, January 26, 2009

The Broken Egg!?!

So last night we decided to make a Sunday night treat which turned out to be brownies.. Well when we decided the girls were outside playing with their friend Andie which of course they told Andie all about the brownies, they then come running in asking if they could share their brownies with Andie, "of course" I say "when they are done we'll take some over" (by then it was getting dark and time for them to come inside!) So I start making the brownies and realize I was short one egg, in the mist of cooking supper, making brownies and trying to please a ticked off Kannon I decided to let Kenzee walk over to Andie house to see if we could borrow the one egg I needed.. Of course Kenzee was so excited to perform this task and in her excitement she asks Kolbee to come along! So they leave, Mike looks at me and says "how much do you want to bet she doesn't come home with the egg", I then say with all faith in Kenzee "I'll bet you a back rub she does come with the egg"! After about 3 Min's of Kenzee being gone I'm thinking she's going to drop the egg! So she finally comes in with the egg and is so excited she didn't drop it! I then look at Mike and say "see, you owe me a back rub!" So I continue to make the brownies when all of a sudden Kolbee says "Mommy Kenzee dropped the egg" I reply "no baby she got it and now I'm making the brownies with it" "No mom, there were TWO eggs and she dropped one" I turned to Kenzee which she says "Kolbee hit me with her bike and I dropped the egg, it was an accident, but I still had one!" By then Mike is back in the room and we just smile at each other and call the bet even! So after making the brownies we walk over to Andie house (and sure enough there was a broken egg on the sidewalk) give them the brownies and I was thanking Lucas (Andie dad) for the TWO eggs, I kinda told him the story which he starts to laugh and says yeah when she came over Erica (Andie mom) decided to give Kenzee two eggs just in case! Well it worked! I love Kenzee excitement at the littlest things I mean after all she did make it home with the egg, and it's great that we have awesome neighbors that know enough to give two eggs!

5 comments:

Summers Family said...

I say you still won that bet! Mike owes you a back rub... the bet was one egg, not two, and she came back with one! Mike's just trying to get out of a back rub... sounds a lot like someone else I know! LOL!

Luke & Erica said...

Thank you for sharing that story. I laughed at how Kolbee had to inform you of the broken egg. That is so like a little sister. Cutest story today! Thanks for the brownies, they were great!

lofgreenlegacy said...

That's so funny! Your nicer than me I would've had Dave still give me a back rub...the girls are so cute...and it's so nice when they can run down the street for you. Thanks for the sleeping beauty costume...I'll bring it by tomorrow.

Ashley said...

That is such a cute story! I love that Erica knew to give two!

Marci said...

That is so funny! Glad you got the brownies made and the truth finally came out!!! I love your blog!