Friday, April 10, 2009

Disneyworld here we come!!

So since my sister hasn't yet posted about this I will! My Nephew Braun got called to the Orlando Florida Mission!! He reports to the MTC July 8th! It was a fun day when he opened his call, we all got together as a family, had a great dinner of my moms home made Bean burros..(Yummy) and waited patiently for him to open his call (he opened it on Sunday the 5th, but it had come in the mail on the Friday before.. talk about a long weekend for Shari!) So finally he opened it and we all cheered when he said Orlando Florida! (Doug also went to Florida!) Some of us were relieved he was staying in the states! Well after all the fun ended we then began our planning! When Brodee went on his mission some of us went on a drive to Utah to drop him off at the MTC (super fun time!) and then Shari, Al, Cal, Braun and my mom went to Washington to pick him up! Well this time we are hoping that most of the family can start saving now and make it a vacation and all go to Florida to pick him up! What's funny is Mike and I had already talked about going that year cause our kids will be good ages.. So this just gives us more incentive to go! Most of all we are super proud of Braun and the great example he is to us and I know that he will be the best little missionary in Florida for 2 years! We love you bud and hopefully we'll be in Orlando when your ready to come home!

5 comments:

Summers Family said...

Sweet! I want to come with you... I'll leave the girls home with Andy! HAHAHA!

Erika Cluff said...

That sounds like so much fun! Paul and I are planning to go (by ourselves) in March next year because he has a conference out there. We thought it would be fun to explore, without the kids, and then take them later. My brother is waiting for his mission call which should be here any day now. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Seems like yesterday when I was your visiting teacher.
Have a great day!

Luke & Erica said...

Luke's grandparents served a mission in Florida and that is where they met G, my sister-in-laws husband. How fun for you guys. The kids will love that. We are saving up to go to Hawaii when Erynn is one and Disneyland when she is two. I know crazy to be saving up for two vacas, but these days, you have to do it like that.

lofgreenlegacy said...

What a blast! Sounds like fun! I'm a little jealous! I'm totally needing a vacation! But o' well! It was good to see you out at Sedar! Talk to you soon-

Hawkins Family said...

That is awesome!!! I think Braunson is going to be an AWESOME missionary. That is will a great vacation and reunion in 2 years. I wish I had something like that to look forward too!!!