Friday, April 24, 2009

How sad is this...

This is how my son looked yesterday..I pretty much cried most of the day cause he looked so sad and there was nothing I could do for him! Here's the story...it started Wednesday late morning, I saw what looked like an ant bite on his cheek no big deal, he probley scratched it with a toy or something, well later on in the day I was rushing to get Kenzee to dance and I went to change his diaper all around where the diaper rubs, it was totally red and had little welts on it.. I immediately thought heat rash..and then left to dance, by the time I got home around 5, it was all over his back, belly and a little bit on his arms..Mike and I then went into what do we do mode! So a few hours later (yes we stayed in that mode for a couple of hours) we finally took him to urgent care where they ask if he ate anything weird things that might have lead to an allergic reaction, which I didn't think of anything..so they said it was probley a viral infection from him being sick a week ago, they said it would lay dormant in his body for a while then come out as a rash..gave me a prescription for steroids and we left.. well by Thursday morning, his feet were so swollen he wouldn't walk his face had started to swell (and I didn't even give him the steroids) and the welts were ALL over, he had started puking and pooping by then and was trying to scratch at them so they obviously itched.. so off to his primary doctor we went! They basically said the same thing (I guess having two opionions made me believe it wasn't something worse) but they talked to me more about it being an allergy..they only thing new or different in our life is the swing set and all the sand that comes along..great what if he is allergic to something in the sand.. his doctor thought it was highly unlikely since he had been playing in it since Saturday, that would be a long time for it to actually show up (I hope they are right) So today he woke up and besides his eyes still being a little swollen he looks perfectly normal! They told me to keep him out of the sand until it is gone, then we'll go from there! But I'm just glad he is feeling better cause there is nothing worse then your kid being in pain and discomfort and there being absolutely nothing you can do for them!


5 comments:

Krystal said...

Julain had a rash like that once when he was Kannons age. It was an allergic reaction to amoxicillin because the doctor gave it to him when he didnt need it and got the reaction at the very end of the course. Poor Kannon, how sad!

Windsor World said...

yeah kenzee did the same thing..now we know not to give her amoxicillin anymore..

Sherrie said...

How sad! I'm glad he's doing better, poor Kannon!

Melynda said...

Poor little boy! I'm so glad he's feeling better. You're right, there's nothing worse than having your kid hurt or sick and not being able to fix it.

Luke & Erica said...

POOR BABY, HE LOOKS MISERABLE. GLAD HE IS FEELING BETTER.